South Coast Tennis offer full racket servicing
We have a wide range of:
- Tennis Shoes
- Strings (All major brands obtainable)
- Grommits & Bumper guards
- Vibration Dampeners
We can get you & your racket back into shape
If you require any information on any of the above please don't hesitate to contact us & one of the team will be able to help you
South Coast Tennis offer Video analysis of your game
Have you ever thought of having a tennis lesson with video analysis? Here are some reasons for giving it a go!
Some of the benefits of using video technology to improve your game.
- Slow motion replay – Tennis is a dynamic sport and most skills in the game are performed at speed. Video allows you to view various skills in slow motion, again and again, and from different angles, which means you have an opportunity to analyse motion in great detail.
- Developing models – Tennis strokes have a fundamental pattern that forms the basis of good technique. Using video, you can categorise these patterns, and form the basis of a model, in which to compare other performances. Video-based models are a very powerful tool in which to coach different tennis strokes, particularly when you are dealing with novice performers. Children, for example, will often try to emulate their favourite players from what they can see on television.
- Tracking performance changes – Video can be a very useful tool for tracking any changes that occur as a result of your coaching. Filming a player’s technique several times during a session or season can reinforce the changes you are trying to make and give you and your player quality information. Keeping video records of players can provide positive feedback to you the player.
- Self reflection – Many athletes believe that they are in a certain position when performing a skill, yet when they see themselves on video, it becomes clear that perhaps they are not quite where they thought they were! There is a ‘mismatch’ between what the player feels and the position they are actually in. Video is an excellent tool for correcting this ‘kinaesthetic-mismatch’. It is important for an athlete to ‘feel’ what it is like to perform the correct technique and seeing themselves performing a skill on video can be the first step to achieving a new movement pattern.
We at South Coast Tennis use the most up to date video analysis apps to assist players reach their goals.